Reminder: Exam AZ-303 and Exam 304 retire on March 31, 2022

Microsoft

SandraMarin_2-1643349697701.png

If you are looking to become a Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert, remember that on March 31, 2022 Exam AZ-303 and Exam AZ-304 will retire. These exams are being replaced by the new Exam AZ-305: Designing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions, currently in beta.

If you’re well along on your certification journey, these are your options:

• If you’ve already passed Exam AZ-303, pass the new Exam AZ-305 (beta).
  • If you’ve already passed Exam AZ-304 or Exam AZ-301, be sure to pass Exam AZ-303 before it retires on March 31, 2022.
  • If you’ve already passed Exam AZ-300, be sure to pass Exam AZ-304 before it retires on March 31, 2022.
  • Pass both Exam AZ-303 and Exam AZ-304 before they retire on March 31, 2022.

If you’re just starting your journey as Azure solutions architect:

• Earn the Azure Administrator Associate certification (Exam AZ-104) and pass Exam AZ-305 (beta).
  • If you have a current Azure Administrator Associate certification, you’re halfway there—just pass Exam AZ-305 (beta).

Is it time to renew?

If you’ve already earned the Azure Solutions Architect Expert certification and it’s time to renew it, don’t take Exam AZ-305 (beta). Instead, renew your certification by passing a free online assessment on Microsoft Learn. For instructions, check your Certification Dashboard.

7 Replies
I have already passed Exam AZ-303 on 30 March 2022. Do I still need to pass AZ-305: Designing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions to earn CERTIFICATION Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect Expert?

Thanks
Yes you need to pass AZ-305 as well
If I pass Az-104 and Az-305, how can I claim solution architect badge and certificate?
You will receive an email after each certification has been earned which you can click on to claim your badge
You will also automatically see your certifications on your Microsoft Learn profile and can download certificates from there

What if I have already booked AZ-304 in April how can I change it to AZ-305? @SandraMarin 

You can't have booked to take the AZ-304 exam as it retired in March last year.
To change an exam booking see https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/certifications/exam-reschedule-and-cancellation-policy
See also https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/certifications/help