SOLVED

Yealink Devices - Not Compliant

Brass Contributor

Hello All,

First time poster to the forum.

I have recently taken charge of my company's Intune tenant.  And as part of role I was asked to clean up the orphaned devices showing up within Intune.  All was going well until I came across several of these Yealink Meeting Room devices (not compliant).  Never worked with these devices before so asked around the I.T department if they should be in Intune?  The answer was no , just get rid.

I performed a Delete for the devices and all was good, however these devices then reappeared 3 hours later.  Asked again why are they coming through to Intune and was told they shouldn't.

So a decision was made to block the Yealink device within the Enrolment Restrictions.
This was done several days ago and no feedback or issues came back from the effected devices, until today.

A Yealink in my local office couldn't access Teams, so local IT asked if any Intune changes had been made, advised there was, and took the Yealink device out of the blocked list.

Device is back online.

My question is , the Yealink has been showing for months as Non Compliant so Intune isn't managing it, why would me blocking the device in Intune stop if working?

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

3 Replies
best response confirmed by UpNorthIntune (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@UpNorthIntune 

Teams devices (like Yealink) are automatically registered in Intune. See here for example: phones-displays-deploy  They are registered as Device Administrator type of devices and not as Android Enterprise. This is by design. Why they are showing up as non compliant should be related to the compliancy policy that is attached to these devices. When you look at the device details intune > Device compliance  you should see the Compliancy policy targeted to this device. 

So Intune is actually managing the devices but with an old protocol (Device Administrator). Be aware that Device Administrator is deprecated this year August: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/intune/enrollment/android-enroll-device-administrator Teams devices need to use AOSP (Android Open Source Project) management, see here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/intune-customer-success/microsoft-intune-ending-support-for-a...

"Microsoft Teams certified Android devices will be migrated to Android Open Source Project (AOSP) management in Intune with a firmware update in the first half of the 2024 calendar year. Policies will not be migrated automatically, so IT admins will need to create the appropriate new policies for AOSP management. You can read more about this in the Microsoft 365 or Microsoft Intune admin center Message center under MC665936."

------

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.

This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Hi @SebastiaanSmits

Many thanks for the speedy reply.

As luck would have it, the office has a spare Yealink coming in today :)

Will try and create a policy and profile for it, and hopefully get it reporting as Compliant.

Will report back later.

Thanks
I setup a Android Device Administrator policy within Intune, setup and logged in to the Yealink device. And the device is now Compliant.

Very happy with your quick reply and suggested fix.

Many Thanks
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by UpNorthIntune (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@UpNorthIntune 

Teams devices (like Yealink) are automatically registered in Intune. See here for example: phones-displays-deploy  They are registered as Device Administrator type of devices and not as Android Enterprise. This is by design. Why they are showing up as non compliant should be related to the compliancy policy that is attached to these devices. When you look at the device details intune > Device compliance  you should see the Compliancy policy targeted to this device. 

So Intune is actually managing the devices but with an old protocol (Device Administrator). Be aware that Device Administrator is deprecated this year August: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/intune/enrollment/android-enroll-device-administrator Teams devices need to use AOSP (Android Open Source Project) management, see here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/intune-customer-success/microsoft-intune-ending-support-for-a...

"Microsoft Teams certified Android devices will be migrated to Android Open Source Project (AOSP) management in Intune with a firmware update in the first half of the 2024 calendar year. Policies will not be migrated automatically, so IT admins will need to create the appropriate new policies for AOSP management. You can read more about this in the Microsoft 365 or Microsoft Intune admin center Message center under MC665936."

------

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.

This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

View solution in original post