Report On Combined Data from Intune & Azure AD

Iron Contributor

Hey there,

Is there a way to generate a combined report on data from Intune & Azure AD? For instance, I'd like to get a list of all devices along with Join Type, Owner, MDM, and Activity from AAD and then get Ownership, Last Check-in, and Primary User UPN from Intune. I've pulled the data from each into Excel but I don't see a common field I can reference. Started to think about PowerShell or PowerBI but a bit lost about those possibilities.

TIA

~DGM~

5 Replies
There is no out of box report that combines the two, best to use PowerBI, you may use upn or device name as the relationship.

Moe

@@Moe_Kinani - That's sort of where I landed but I have little experience with PowerBI. Any references for this approach?

Hi @DGMalcolm,

Many ways you can do it, the easier is to export the data from Azure AD and Intune, then import to PowerBI as CSV files. After importing - Navigate to Model Tab - Manage Relationship - Select Device name from Azure AD and Device Name from Intune - Many to Many relationships. After that done, navigate Report Tab - Select Table on Visualization - Select Columns from both tables. 

Sorry about the delay in response and hope this helps!

Moe

@Moe_KinaniPushing me toward PowerBI was helpful. I got the Intune part quickly, it was the AAD that was harder. Then I found this article:

https://minkus.medium.com/easily-connecting-between-power-query-power-bi-and-microsoft-graph-72333eb...

Using that I was able to get a connection to AAD then, using your recommendations of the relationships, I was able to get some level of integration. It's still a work in progress but thank you!

Glad it’s working for you!

Moe