re deploy and app on ios and android devices after user deletes

Iron Contributor

hi there,

we are going to test this on some devices (including win32, win store apps).  We are going to delete a app from a ios (vpp tokens / supervised ios / apple business manager integrated) and android handsets.

we want to know if the app gets automatically deployed again?  If not do users need to go into the app stores to download and install?  knowing that corporate apple ID's cannot install apps

or is there a way in intune where it can be installed again e.g. pressing the synch button?

3 Replies
I noticed when an user deletes the app and want the app back (abn/ios) we need to remove the assignment... wait some seconds and reaaply the assignment... Within a few minutes the app is installed again
When we asked the user to delete the outlook app, we went to the intune portal and forced a synch on that phone. Within an hour the app re-installed. I will have to do the reassign trick to see if that is much quicker.

need to test all other endpoints as well (macs, android and windows). With ios/abm (VPP tokens and corporate apple ID's), integrating with intune is such a great way of managing the ios devices fully (supervised). There are a few corporate workflow policies we need to test in more detail (e.g. forcing an update via the apple store using corporate apple ID's, getting past stuck guided access etc).

@Suleyman Ali 

Hi,

Syncing the device is indeed also an option. Removing the assignment and assigning it back again, was most of the time quicker than the sync device option (for us..)...  

Please let me know your findings