SOLVED

Intune - Win32 - Interactive Deployment

Copper Contributor

Hello,

in our Company, we got Intune.

We use the PSADT (PowershellAppDeploymendToolkit) to install Software.

Now we have the problem, that Intune is installing in Non-Interactive Mode. The User don´t see if a Update/Installation is in progress.

So i tried like this example: https://svdbusse.github.io/SemiAnnualChat/2019/09/14/User-Interactive-Win32-Intune-App-Deployment-wi...

But The Software is still starting installing in Non-Interactive Mode. When i locally install over powershell, with the same command its working.

You got any idea, how we can realise a Interactive Install Mode?

Best Regards

Phil

6 Replies
best response confirmed by MrMueller (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi

I have done it in the past & blogged about it.

Could you take a look at this?
https://365bythijs.be/2019/09/19/installing-visio-onto-an-existing-office-installation-with-psadt-an...

@Thijs Lecomte

Thank you, thats the Solution and a very good dokumentation :)

Thanks a lot.

How about using .bat script to customize the switches ? i have used bat script with command like setup.exe /passive or setup.exe / active etc  and it seems to fulfill our requirement. But still PowerShell is the best option available there. But which is the best Practice for customization ? PS or bat Script ?@MrMueller 

I prefer to not use a bit file and configure the switches in INtune, that way you can easily change them.
Hi,
In use a Script, which is detecting if a Software is open or not. If it opened the installation will be nonSilent. If the Program closed (no user using it) it will be installed silent.
In Intune i use the powershell.exe -executionpolicy bypass -file „./detection.ps1“

This is working fine for us.

Is that the "best" we got to do interactive installs?

Belive me, I would love everything to be silent and just work.

But (especially in education) one will get quite few random install that are either totally NON-silent, or half-baked semi-silent

There is nothing I can do with them, but run in System context, but allow user interaction (so the prompts can be followed)

With SCCM is was so easy...

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by MrMueller (Copper Contributor)