SOLVED

Intune Company Portal App Missing Android

Copper Contributor

Hello,

We are enrolling Android devices to Intune using Zero Touch enrollment. Devices are enrolled as fully managed corporate devices. After the enrollment, there is no "Intune Company Portal" app in the app drawer. I check Settings > Applications and the Play Store and it says the app is installed, but I cannot find it.

Intune and Authenticator app are installed and appear in the app drawer. I have tried enrolling with Intune Company Portal unassigned and assigned from Intune, but it makes no difference.

Any ideas on what the issue could be?

Thank you very much for your help.

8 Replies

@wcheung 

On a fully managed corporate device, the Intune app is the replacement for the Company Portal. All the policies are send through the Intune app. To install applications, you need to add them to the Managed Google Play store.

What exactly is not working at the moment?

@R_Gijsbers_Rademakers 

I am trying to make an Android LOB app available in the Company Portal. It is not available in the Intune app either.

@wcheung 

You will need to upload it to the managed google play store. Which is described in this blog https://www.petervanderwoude.nl/post/android-enterprise-fully-managed-devices-and-the-google-play-st...

I hope this helps. 

I clicked on the doc, but it only shows how to enable the play store. I would like to upload "test" versions of company Android app (apk file) so that I can allow users to install it. I do not see a way to upload an app to the managed play store.
best response confirmed by wcheung (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@wcheung 

After you enable the play store, you go to Apps=> Android. There you select Add App and choose Managed Google Play. From that portal you will be able to upload your LOB-App

You should download android smartphone applications on a secured link, and we recommend downloading from: https://apkmodroid.com/

@R_Gijsbers_Rademakers 

I was able to make the application available but it requires some settings that are grayed out (not allowed to change) such as location or access to some local resource and this prevents the application from being opened. Is there any option to adjust this?

SidneiSteinBR_0-1646661660130.png

Thank you

@SidneiSteinBR, I read that it's a common issue with the latest version of the app from the store. A workaround would be to request the latest APK at the vendor. The issue should be fixed in that version

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by wcheung (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@wcheung 

After you enable the play store, you go to Apps=> Android. There you select Add App and choose Managed Google Play. From that portal you will be able to upload your LOB-App

View solution in original post