SOLVED

intune Autopilot deployment profile get not assigned

Brass Contributor

Hi all,

my first question and certainly not my last.

I am currently testing to get my first local devices into the AAD. So far everything has worked, the join and the policies are assigned, under autopilot is my test device as assigned too. However, I have no assigned devices under my deployment profile. This apparently has the effect that my user is administrator, although the profile is set to standarduser and also the device name is not taken from the profile.

Need help ;)

Thanks a lot!

15 Replies
your deployment profile is assigned to a group of devices or users ?
Tried both, at first for alle devices and after that with a new group with the specific test user.

How are you able to provision a device if there is no AP getting assigned to the device? Are you enrolling it manually and expecting it to be converted to AP?

I thought I can register a new device with the appropriate user and the registration etc. happens by itself. Isn't that the point of intune and the autopilot?

If i have to add the device to the autopilot first, isn't that totally inconvenient?!

Let's take a step back. How are you enrolling the device in Intune at present?

automatic via aad join, the device comes up in intune and autpilot devices then. The deployment profile is assigned to "alle devices".

@Mykey ‘autopilot devices then..’ what does this mean? Can you elaborate?

it means that the device is registered under "Autopilot Devices".
best response confirmed by Mykey (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Sounds to me your Autopilot registration is taking place after the enrollment and a result of ‘convert existing devices to autopilot’ in the Autopilot profile. It should be other way round. You need to register your devices in Autopilot using HWhashid before the provisioning process. Are you registering the HWhashids?
omg...yes I was able to track it just now after resetting a registered device and then the autopilot came on during setup. Phew.
So if I want to use autopilot, I always have to register all devices first?
That is correct. You can either the process out with your supplier or you can register the HWhashids your self in the oobe stage. Once registered, make sure they populate in a dynamic AAD group which can be assigned to your Autopilot profile and other Intune policies. The registration and assignment of Autopilot profile can take anywhere between 10-20 mins so take that into account.
"you can register the HWhashids your self in the oobe stage" Could you explain that a bit deeper?!
I personally use something like -
PowerShell.exe -ExecutionPolicy Bypass
Install-Script -name Get-WindowsAutopilotInfo -Force
Set-ExecutionPolicy -Scope Process -ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned
Get-WindowsAutopilotInfo -Online -Grouptag xxxxx

OK, thanks. I will try.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Mykey (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Sounds to me your Autopilot registration is taking place after the enrollment and a result of ‘convert existing devices to autopilot’ in the Autopilot profile. It should be other way round. You need to register your devices in Autopilot using HWhashid before the provisioning process. Are you registering the HWhashids?

View solution in original post