error code "0x87D13BA9"

Copper Contributor

I'm currently facing an issue while trying to deploy iOS apps using Microsoft Intune. Every time I attempt to install an app on user-enrolled iOS devices, I encounter error code "0x87D13BA9." This error is preventing the successful installation of apps, and I'm seeking your expertise to help me resolve this.

I have already tried a few troubleshooting steps, such as (Change app to license type to "User"), but the issue persists.

Has anyone else come across this error code while deploying iOS volume purchase program apps with Intune? If so, could you please share your experiences and any solutions that worked for you? Your insights would be greatly appreciated.

5 Replies

Hi @Nathan7876,

it is not officially documented by Microsoft but this error typically occurs when attempting to install a VPP app licensed to a specific user. During installation, the user is prompted to sign in to the Apple App Store and accept the VPP management invite.

To resolve this issue, modify the app's license type from "User" to "Device". This can be done in Intune by navigating to "Apps" > "VPP Apps" > "Select App" > "License Type" and selecting "Device".

Here's a step-by-step guide to resolving error 0x87D13B92:

1. Access Intune and navigate to "Apps" > "VPP Apps".
  2. Select the app experiencing the error.
  3. Click on "License Type".
  4. Choose "Device" from the dropdown menu.
  5. Click on "Save".

After changing the license type, the app should install without any issues.

https://wolkein.com/blog/error-bei-der-installation-der-vpp-app-0x87d13b92/

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

Hi @LeonPavesic 

Appreciate your response and your recommendations for fixing this issue. Unfortunately, the change to the License Type made no difference to the outcome. i had previously set the apps to device license type and this also failed.

License Type Outlook.PNG

MS Outlook.PNG

any update? i'm facing the same issue and there is no official information about it. 

@Nathan7876 

The key here is the difference between iOS apps that are VPP versus direct iOS App Store apps, and the difference between a Device Enrollment versus a User Enrollment.

A VPP app is one that is added from Apple Business Manager and is listed in Intune with the App Type of “iOS Volume-Purchased Program”. It syncs automatically to Intune once added to Apple Business Manager. VPP apps can only be assigned / installed to iOS devices enrolled through the Device Enrollment process.

An iOS App Store app is added directly in Intune and is listed with the App Type of “iOS Store App”. iOS Store Apps can only be installed on devices that are user enrolled. You cannot assign a VPP app to a device that is enrolled through User Enrollment.

My guess is that you have enrolled your device with User Enrollment but are trying to assign a VPP app to it. This fails with the noted error.

Microsoft should document this, for sure.

Hi Focher, I appreciate the response. Thanks