New to Forms

Copper Contributor

Hello, 

As an Education Centre, we are new to Microsoft Forms and have been previously using Google Forms.

We are finding at the moment that Microsoft Forms in quite unreliable and we are experiencing problems we didn't have before. For example, when a Form as images in it they do not load properly, meaning the student has to refresh and the restart the whole form, it hasn't been loading/opening when embedded into a Microsoft Stream and the teacher manual marking is painfully slow. 

Has anyone else found this? Controversial I know, but is it just that Google Forms is better?

Expert help/advice would be gratefully received!

1 Reply

Hi Shannon (@MissOC), my impression is that as Forms has become more popular and accepted, not just in education but across the business world, it has become more "flaky". Many of the posts in this forum are about how some users can't access a form, how forms get "lost", not all questions being included etc. Of all the Office 365 apps this seems the least reliable overall. I've been quite lucky as the only real issue I've had is that in a recent survey of 900 staff only about 20 couldn't access it. The problem is that no-one could explain WHY they couldn't access it as they are on our tenant. Much as I really like Forms and use it every day, it's that sort of problem plus the ones you've mentioned that makes Forms problematical for many users.

If I was Microsoft I wouldn't have developed standard and Pro packages but bundled the features together and made sure it was a reliable platform.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User