Auto-cancellations

Copper Contributor

Hi all, 

We've been testing bookings out since the Autumn '22. 

We recently had an issue where our 2 dates for a service we offered autocancelled. We didn't click cancel neither did any of our customers. 

I also had this same issue today, with my colleague booking a service and immediately after receiving a confirmation, the appointment being cancelled less than a minute later. I experimented by taking my assigned colleague for this service off the assigned staff section. As soon as I did, my colleague who tried to previously book, did so again with success. Checked my assigned colleague's calendar and could see no reason as to why this happened. 

Has anyone experienced this? It looks like some may have but I cannot seem to find a clear reason as to why. 

Really stuck on this one!

Thanks,

Tai

8 Replies

@taililing We had this same issue. I logged a ticket with Microsoft who said they were aware of the issue and that it should now be resolved. Haven't had a report of the error since Monday so hoping it is fixed.

Hi, we had the same error and it seems to have existed for over 3 years. See this discussion

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-bookings/appointments-keep-canceling-in-bookings/m-...
Thanks very much - I've not had an issue until today when I received a cancellation error but its not cancelled and thus far all the staff seem to have the calendar invite...strange. The cancellation email also has a bunch of unrendered HTML.

I feel like MS often push products out too quickly and have to backtrack with bug fixing!
Thanks so much - I do wish they'd address some of these issues with their roadmap!

We also have this issue. Bookings keeps sending a cancelation a couple days before the actual appointment. The appointment in Outlook is greyed out but they are not removed from the appointment in Bookings. They also still get the reminder e-mail that I made in Bookings 1 day before their upcoming appointment.

We are using group appointments where 8 people can join.

We have removed the outlook calendar element of the booking. So the person booking gets the confirmation email, but it doesn't schedule automatically in their outlook calendar.

As far as our tests have shown it is calendar entry cancelling, and not the booking. If this changes I will update.
I am having the issue where as soon I can a user fills out a booking request, it cancells immediatly after the booking is made.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
I think the issue you're having maybe linked to someone having auto-decline on. I think this is a real issue with Bookings I've noticed. When someone has auto-decline calendar events on, it will cancel the bookings meeting overall, rather than just for that one person. It especially happens if one of the people with this feature on, are the assigned staff for the session. A bit frustrating really as it seems like the two systems MS owns and manages is conflicting with one another!