Suggestions to make Bing more innovative and useful than Google. (Please take a look)

Copper Contributor

I have recently moved away from Google to Bing and i've been very much satisfied with the provided results but i have tested MANY search engines and i want to share some ideas taken from various different search engines that could be implemented in bing, making it far more useful and innovative than google for every user.

- Widgets: These small info boxes are very popular on smartphones, especially android phones, implementing weather, time, mail and other optional and default widgets for Bing Search would make it very useful. Such widgets could be added between the search bar and selective titles (All, News, Images, Videos, Maps and etc) on the search page, while adding it to bing on homepage simply under the search bar would do.

- Make homepage more simple and straight-forward: I am completely fine with bing's homepage, since i have tested various search engines, but from a normal users point of view, bing's homepage is filled with various unnecessary elements which could be simplified (not removed). Small changes like making the search bar slightly bigger, move it more towards the center, not show the news section right on the homepage (instead replace it with an arrow, showing users to scroll down to view news section). These small changes will make things more straight-forward, since when people come over from google to bing, too much of things on one page will simply discourage users to search up on bing, making the search bar big and moving it to the center will encourage people to search and make things look less distracting. 

These are few things i wanted to share, something i think would really help more people to start using bing, many new things like widgets could keep you informed always, like weather for your location.

Hopefully this can be passed over to the dev team and contribute to Bing's improvement:)

@Alyxe 

1 Reply
Hello Luxuri,

Thanks for all the suggestions, though Windows 11 already does have a widgets - maps, news, etc, also on Edge's new tab, there are news, you can turn of news in Bing settings. Have a great day!