Pages not syncing

Copper Contributor

Hello, 

I moved a few pages from one notebook to another about a week ago and they still haven't synced. On my Mac, it says "This section isn't available yet. It was added from another device. You'll be able to use it when that device syncs" and on my iPad (the only other device with my OneNote account), it says "Hang on while this page syncs... We are waiting for another device to finish uploading your notes". It has been like this for a week now and those pages are very important. I have tried restarting my devices, logging out, and force quitting OneNote but nothing seems to work. I even tried to use the online chat center and after an hour, my issue hasn't been resolved. I no longer have access to these notes as they are not available in either notebook.

Please can you tell me how to recover/get my notes to sync.

Thank you.

4 Replies
Hi,
Is your OneNote logged in with your profile ? If so, all your data in OneNote should be safe.
First step, try to login to your OneNote via a webapp if the desktop app is stuck and check whether you are able to view all your data on the OneNote account.
Next open your existing OneNote in one browser and open another account on a different browser(to which you have to copy) and then try to move section to those new OneNote, Sync and check the status.
Let me know how it goes.
Thanks !

Hi,

Thank you so much for your reply. My OneNote is logged in with my profile. I have tried to view my data through the webapp but it hasn't loaded there either - so I essentially can't see the pages in any notebook anymore. I'm not sure what else to try. 

Thank you.  

@Krishnakumar_M 

Hello @rakur16,

here is Ahmed, a community visitor ;)
Let me try to help you :)

sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your OneNote pages not syncing. Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Close and re-open the OneNote app on all your devices it might help kickstart the syncing process. :laptop_computer:

2. Check your internet connection. Make sure you have a stable connection on all your devices, as this can affect the syncing process. :antenna_bars:

3. Restart your devices. This can sometimes help clear any temporary issues that may be causing the syncing to get stuck. :counterclockwise_arrows_button:

4. Check your OneDrive storage. Make sure you have enough space in your OneDrive account to store your notes. If you're running low on space, try deleting some unused files or purchasing more storage. :floppy_disk:

5. Try the "Sync All Notebooks" option. In the OneNote app, go to the "File" menu and select "Sync All Notebooks". This will force a sync of all your notebooks, including the ones that contain the pages you moved. If you see an error message, try clicking the "Resolve" button to see if OneNote can fix the issue.:inbox_tray:

If the above steps don't work, you can try resetting OneNote's cache by going to File > Options > Save & Backup and clicking the "Reset cache" button.

I hope those basic guides help you solving your issue :)

Best of the best :)
Ahme:D
Hi!

Thank you so much for your suggestions. I tried all 5 of them and it still hasn't worked. As for your last suggestion on resetting the cache, there doesn't seem to be "options" in the file dropdown menu so I can't seem to save and backup and then reset the cache.

Thank you for trying to help me though.