Microsoft Clipchamp

Copper Contributor

I have downloaded Microsoft Clipchamp  and have had some advice on how to use it; namely how to 'Cut  / Edit' a downloaded DVD to remove some unwanted advertising towards the end of said DVD.

I found it quite hard to get it to work and gave up. 

I have another problem which is removing 'Watermarks'.

I have downloaded DVD's which have Watermarks on them but not all the way through the DVD but at specific locations which I want to remove.

I have tried to remove them and found that when I found the first one I was able to blot it out which left a 'blur' at that location. The only problem was that that 'blur was then shown throughout the entire DVD which basically made the DVD useless.

I was under the impression that if I removed the 'Watermark' at a specific location that is the only spot it would be removed from leaving a 'blur' but it was shown throughout the DVD's entire length.

I'm having a lot of trouble editing these DVD's using Clipchamp and its not as easy to use as it made out to be.

Maybe I need the procedures explained to me better than on the procedures when using this app but someone needs to guide me. Help is requested.

1 Reply
Trimming off the ends or middle sections of the video should be fairly simple in Clipchamp. I would suggest finding some of the how-to videos on YouTube. As for the blurring of watermarks, because Clipchamp is a multi-track editor, you should be able to create an additional track to place your "blur" spots on. Adjust the length of those blurs to only display during the portion of the video that shows the watermark. The newest release of Clipchamp on M365 is not quite capable of that feature yet. The menu of shapes is empty and only gives you the option of creating full-screen backgrounds. Clipchamp has a long way to go to allow blurring of specific locations on the screen for an adjustable length of time.