Reinstate readability stats by sentence in Word 365

Copper Contributor

I’ve just upgraded from Office 2010 to Office 365. To my horror, I now can’t get my readability stats by sentence and paragraph, only by full document in Word 365. Why would MS upgrade a flagship product and take out a key function? It’s illogical. I now have to write with shabby old Word 2010 rather than shiny new Word 365. As a professional writer, it’s ridiculous. Feel duped. How can we reinstate readability stats by sentence and paragraph in Word 365?

2 Replies

Hello @jimmcc09,

Sorry to hear you're unhappy with the changes made with the Editor feature. If you'd like to suggest a change in how the feature function, we'd suggest opening Word > Help > Feedback > I have a suggestion, if you are an Office Insider. If you don't see that option, you can also post your suggestion on the Word UserVoice suggestion page. https://word.uservoice.com

Cheers,

Evan

Office Insider Community Manager

Become an Office Insider and gaining exclusive access to new features and help shape the future of Office. Join Now: Windows | Mac | iOS | Android

@Evan_Bolin 

Hi Evan,

Many thanks for your comment. Much appreciated. I have already entered a suggestion at Word > Help > Feedback > I have a suggestion. So far it has generated only 12 votes. I guess we professional writers live in a bubble with few contacts, so I'm relying on others picking up on this suggestion and voting for it. The other link you mention takes me back to the same page. Are there any other forums or groups I could try? 

I feel so strongly about this. I use this facility in Word 2010 every hour of every day to improve my writing. Losing the facility to check stats by sentence and paragraph potentially cripples me as a writer. 

Perhaps as an insider manager, you could influence your colleagues on the Word 365 desk. If so, I've updated my message as follows - 

I’ve just upgraded from Office 2010 to Office 365. To my horror, I now can’t get my readability stats by sentence and paragraph, only by full document in Word 365. Why would MS upgrade a flagship product and take out a key function? It’s illogical. I now have to use shabby old Word 2010 rather than shiny new Word 365 to get this facility. As a professional writer, it’s ridiculous. Feel duped. How can we get readability stats by sentence and paragraph into Word 365?

Hope you can help. With best wishes for a safer and happier 2021.

Regards

Jim