OneNote is using . for decimal seperator, would like to change into , (comma)

Copper Contributor

Hello, I'm from the Netherlands, where we use . (point) for thousens sign, and , (comma) for decimal seperator. How can I change it in OneNote?

All of office and windows is in Englies, my microsoft account also English, but everywhere (windows/office/ms account) I have selected Regional formats are in Dutch.

Excel is fine, just OneNote is still wrong.. :(

6 Replies
Hi Randy,

Is this your intended goal?
999+2=1.001
12,23+999,45=1.011,68

Yes please! :beaming_face_with_smiling_eyes::thumbs_up:

If I understood your question and already taken steps correct, you have already followed the steps below:
Change the regional settings
To change regional settings, follow the steps described for your computer's operating system.

In Windows 10

Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.

Click Change date, time, or number formats.

The Region dialog box appears.

On the Formats tab, select the format you want to change from the drop-down list. Now click the Additional Settings button.

The Customize Format dialog box appears.

Click the tab that contains the settings that you want to modify, and make your changes. For example, to change part or all of a number format, click the Numbers tab and change the setting that you want.

In which case you can still check the following options in OneNote (may not be present depending on the version):
Click File > Options.

On the Advanced tab, under Editing options, clear the Use system separators check box.

Type new separators in the Decimal separator and Thousands separator boxes.

Hi Davy,

thanks for your time, my onenote version (Office Pro Plus 20219) dos not have that option (see below screenshot on the left)

I'm running Windows 11 and the options are correct (like screenshot below on the rigth)

So that did not solve it, Excel is correct (1.000,5), OneNote still (1,000,5)..
I have also checked the settings in my microsoft account, they are also correct.
OneNote webview is also wrong (1,000.5) but excel webview is correct (1.000,5)
:(

Randy1980_0-1660822067390.png

@Randy-1980 

Just checked my account regional settings and they are set like this:

Davy_A_0-1660913563548.png

Hope that helps somehow :)

I am afraind not.. :(

It seems onenote is always in US settings somehow..

Screenshot 2022-09-28 140536.png