SOLVED

OneNote Does not Launch on iPad and iOS

Brass Contributor

Devices: iPad Air2 & iPhone 6s

OS Version: 14.5

SCOPE: I reset my iPad to clean up some excess junk. After resetting it, i performed the setup process using my iPhone but i did not restore backup since i did not want any of the old content coming in.

I began installing all my applications on my iPad and they all worked perfectly except OneNote. After installing it, i tapped it to launch and It didn't even give me the option to sign in. It just displayed the OneNote splash screen and then closed.

STEPS TAKEN SO FAR: I reset the iPad again and installed OneNote but the issue still persisted. I left it for a while and then i went to Settings>>OneNote to reset the application. This did not also resolve the issue. I uninstalled it and installed it again and nothing changed. While i had this issue on my iPad, OneNote was working perfectly on my iPhone.

As a test, i went to Settings>>OneNote to reset the application for my iPhone and you guessed right, OneNote refused to launch on my iPhone either. I uninstalled it and installed it again from the Store but it just won't launch.

CONCLUSION: Currently i cannot use OneNote on both my iPad and my iPhone. I can still use it on the desktop app on my Windows PC but i am a heavy OneNote user and so being able to view and edit notes from any of my devices is super useful. I would appreciate whatever suggestions i can get to help with this issue. Thanks.

1 Reply
best response confirmed by eatpizzanot (Brass Contributor)
Solution
UPDATE: This issue was resolved after a recent update for OneNote on iOS. The app now works fine on both the iPad and iPhone.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by eatpizzanot (Brass Contributor)
Solution
UPDATE: This issue was resolved after a recent update for OneNote on iOS. The app now works fine on both the iPad and iPhone.

View solution in original post