"Please wait for Windows Search" when logging off

Copper Contributor

Hi, 

We use FSLogix, Azure Premium File Share, and high powered skus for the vms. When my users log out, it hangs at "Please wait for Windows Search" for up to 8 minutes before finally logging out. 

Also, Outlook randomly crashes with a Windows Search error. 

I have had a premier ticket opened for over a week with no traction so I'm reaching out here.

Hoping someone can help!

5 Replies

Hi,
This has started with one of our clients as well. It will randomly get stuck for users logging out waiting for the search service, either have to wait or we have to go in and restart the search service to release the session.
I can't tell if it started with the March/April windows updates or something else has occured.
This seems to be starting to be a wide spread issue as I have started seeing other threads popping up in the last month.
FsLogix with premium storage, search roaming disabled. Will also have to raise a case with Microsoft.

Good luck. I have had three open cases with three different engineers and no one has been able to solve it yet. I tried adding the EnablePerUserCatalog to the registry but that didn't seem to help. Today I rebuilt one users' search database to see if that helps... we shall see. So far MS support has been a big nothingburger.
Has this ever been resolved? I have a client who has this exact same problem and we don't seem to be able to solve this issue, no matter what we try...
Try setting Windows Search service to Automatic, in case if it has Manual Startup type.

@Kapil Arya 

I replied to another post yesterday. YES! I was able to resolve this. This worked for us.

• Login to session host as local admin
  • Open indexing
  • Advanced
  • File Types
  • Find the PDF filter and make it "Index Properties Only"

This started happening after we installed Adobe Acrobat I believe.