Your message couldn't be delivered because messages to the recipient require approval by a message m

Brass Contributor

We have a rule set to send certain emails to be approved, but whenever we choose reject or approve, we get the message.

How can this be fixed?

Also, the approve or reject options only show up in Microsoft Online and not in outlook.

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

Microsoft Exchange Approval Assistant (OrgExtensionProperties0_ED5B1323-0DC1-43D3-96C7-0049903548CF@...
Your message couldn't be delivered because messages to the recipient require approval by a message moderator and no moderator was found.

This is likely a temporary problem. Try to resend the message. If it can't be delivered a second time, forward this message to your email admin.

For Email Administrators
This error occurs if the system can't find the message moderators for an address. This is usually a temporary condition. (For example, a moderator's address changes after the approval message is created but before approval is granted.) This issue can usually be resolved by sending the message a second time after changes to the moderator's address have had time to replicate throughout the system.

For more information, see DSN 5.7.126 Errors in Exchange Online and Office 365.

5 Replies

There's an ongoing SIE for that, EX211611. Open a support case if you haven't done so already.

Sorry, SIE stands for Service Interruption Event, basically an issue on Microsoft's side. You can see those listed under the Service Health Dashboard in the admin center.

What was the solution? @Vasil Michev 

Is there anything I can do on my end to get this to actually work?

There is no option to approve or reject within outlook.

The option is only available in outlook online. If you reject the message there, you receive the message I posted earlier.

It should have been resolved by now, if you are still seeing the same behavior open a support case.