SOLVED

Unable to activate DKIM

Copper Contributor

Helle,

I try to activate the DKIM but it doesn't work.

The DNS settings are set correctly, but Office365 does not recognize them.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

4 Replies

Hey @Frank Vos ,

It appears that you are missing a dot after selector1/selector2, It should be like : selector1._domainkey. Once you are done making the changes, use the following website to verify if the records were created correctly : https://www.dmarcanalyzer.com/dkim/dkim-check/

Query format on the website : Selector1/selector2 in first box and 'reddata.nl' in the second box.

Hey @harveer singh 

Thanks! but, same result..

best response confirmed by Frank Vos (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hey @Frank Vos , I see where you have got it wrong, the domain name reddata.nl is basically mentioned twice, So your CNAME record right now is : 

selector1._domainkey.reddata.nl.reddata.nl pointing to selector1-reddata-nl._domainkey.reddatacorp.onmicrosoft.com, you see how the domain name is coming up twice, that means the DNS provider is adding the reddata.nl automatically to the cname you are creating. So simply create the CNAME record as selector1._domainkey pointing to selector1-reddata-nl._domainkey.reddatacorp.onmicrosoft.com and let your DNS do the rest.

hey @harveer singh, Ah check! now I get it, I immediately adjusted it and now I have to wait for the DNS

Thanks! :smile:

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Frank Vos (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hey @Frank Vos , I see where you have got it wrong, the domain name reddata.nl is basically mentioned twice, So your CNAME record right now is : 

selector1._domainkey.reddata.nl.reddata.nl pointing to selector1-reddata-nl._domainkey.reddatacorp.onmicrosoft.com, you see how the domain name is coming up twice, that means the DNS provider is adding the reddata.nl automatically to the cname you are creating. So simply create the CNAME record as selector1._domainkey pointing to selector1-reddata-nl._domainkey.reddatacorp.onmicrosoft.com and let your DNS do the rest.

View solution in original post