Remote Powershell XML Syntax Error

Copper Contributor

Hi all, 

Really hope someone has seen this before and knows how to fix it as it is driving me insane! 

Basically we have just rebuilt one of our on-prem Exchange 2016 CU19 servers using the /m:RecoverServer switch (not added to DAG at this point) everything appears to be in order so far but I'm facing this error when opening the EMS on the new server:

VERBOSE: Connecting to server01.local.
New-PSSession : [server01.local] Connecting to remote server server01.local failed with the
following error message : WinRM cannot process the request because the input XML contains a syntax error. For more
information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.
At line:1 char:1
+ New-PSSession -ConnectionURI "$connectionUri" -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Excha ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : OpenError: (System.Manageme....RemoteRunspace:RemoteRunspace) [New-PSSession], PSRemotin
gTransportException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : -2144108477,PSSessionOpenFailed
VERBOSE: Connecting to server02.local.
VERBOSE: Connected to server02.local.

This is a 2012R2 VM and I've compared all the IIS settings and installed features across the other DAG members and everything matches, again it isn't actually added to the DAG at this point. 

As you can see from the output above, it has no trouble connecting to other DAG members using remote powershell. The issue is specific to this server. 

A quick google seems to suggest a time sync error with the host/guest but the time is correct.

TIA! 

0 Replies