Issues moving from Exchange Server to Management Tools

Copper Contributor

We have a hybrid environment and run scripts remotely to an Exchange server for user management. It is time to upgrade our infrastructure.  Seeing that Exchange Management Tools has no ability to allow remote script execution. Are we still required to do a full install of Exchange Mailbox servers while having no mailboxes on-premise?  Anyone have any tips on ability to move away from exchange Server to Management Tools?

5 Replies
You would have to test your scripts, but you should be able to run them from a management server with the management tools installed https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/manage-hybrid-exchange-recipients-with-management-tools

@Dan_Snape I was hoping to run a script from one server and hit the management tools server to execute the commands. Or run from my workstation. 

You can install the tools on your workstation
Hi there,
We have the exact same problem - not wanting to install EMT on our batch-server. Did you find any solution to this?
(so far I have tried Invoke-Command with no luck)

@dkNeumann  sorry, we found out it was not possible which is not great. You need IIS to be able to route the commands. You also need the Exchange Frontend and Exchange Backend in IIS which means an install of the mailbox server.