SOLVED

Auto add shared mailbox to mail-enabled security group members' Outlook profile

Copper Contributor

I want to automatically add a shared mailbox to the Outlook profile of members of a mail-enabled security group.  But when I add the mail-enabled security group to the shared mailbox's Read and manage permissions, the mailbox does not appear on the group members' Outlook profile.  However, if I add the user directly to the shared mailbox's Read and manage permissions, the shared mailbox will automatically appear in the user's Outlook profile.  Is this normal (i.e. default) behavior for Exchange?  Or is there some way to get this to work with the members of the group, rather than adding the member directly to the mailbox permissions?

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Michael_Gunther (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Automapping in Outlook doesn't work when delegate permissions are provided via security group. Each individual user needs to be added to the delegate permissions list, as you've seen with your testing
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Michael_Gunther (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Automapping in Outlook doesn't work when delegate permissions are provided via security group. Each individual user needs to be added to the delegate permissions list, as you've seen with your testing

View solution in original post