When printing entire workbook with portrait and landscape sheet orientations, Excel prints portrait.

Copper Contributor

I have a whole workbook with 10 sheets. I need one of the sheets to print in landscape orientation and I need all the other sheets to print in portrait orientation. I want to print the entire workbook in one print job instead of in two print jobs. Even though I went into Page Setup on each sheet and indicated which orientation I want to print, excel only prints portrait for all of the sheets when I print the whole workbook.

Here is my order of operations:

1.) After I select the individual orientations for each sheet, I go back through each sheet to make sure that Excel saved the orientation setting I wanted for each individual sheet. Excel shows that it has saved the correct orientation for each sheet.

2.) I then save the workbook and again I check each sheet to make sure that Excel saved the orientation setting I wanted for each individual sheet. Excel shows that it has saved the correct orientation for each sheet.

3.) When I check the print preview, Excel indicates that all of the sheets will be printed in the portrait orientation.

Is this is a bug or am I doing something wrong?

2 Replies

@Elan_Moyal 

Hello, Excel is built to primarily print using 1 orientation per time. It is not possible to print using Landscape and Portrait at the same time. 

You have to separate the page you want to print using Portrait and Landscape respectively and print the job.

If this answers suits you, kindly do accept as the Best Response.

Thank

HI @Elan_Moyal 

I believe I've seen this done by converting the workbook into a PDF first. If you have that ability, I suggest giving it a try.