VBA Object Library invalid

Copper Contributor

HI,

Been running Excel 2016 in Office 365 for months without any problems. Then at the start of May 2017 the excel file i have always been using with macros fails to function and produces this error.

VBA error.jpg

When go into VBA debug it produces a blank page with no references to the offending code.

When i click on Help button it just takes me to this page "Office VBA Object library reference"

Which doesnt really offer any insight to the issue

This occurs in Office 365 as well as ProPlus versions.

Any suggestions??

3 Replies

Hello,

when you open the VBA Editor for this file and call Tools / References, do you see some broken references? (A broken reference is checked but marked as 'not available') And, if you try Debug / Compile, what happens?

Best,

Mourad

Hi Mourad,

I cant call tools/reference as reference is greyed out. When i run any of the macros from tools/macros it generates the same error message text box and opens the Module code window with nothing out of the ordinary being displayed and the first word in the code being highlighted.

When i try Debug/Compile  it products the same error message text box

Hi Keith,

sorry for the delay; it was unfortunately not possible for me to get here in the last days.

Once you have opened the file, got the error and opened the VBA-Editor, can you try to reset the code execution by Run / Reset and then try to open the reference dialogue? Or alternatively open the file without running macros and then open the references dialogue? If nothings works for you, can you upload an anonymized version of the file here? 

Best,

Mourad