Unhide Rows doesn't work - Exxcel 365

Copper Contributor

Using Excel 365.  I hid some rows on a spreadsheet for readability.  But when I went to unhide them (highlighted adjacent visible rows, right-click, Unhide) nothing happened..., the rows remained hidden.  Tried clicking on divider but same result... rows remain hidden.  Saved spreadsheet with hrows hidden, exited Excel and restarted, re-opened file, same results.  So are my hidden rows lost forever???

6 Replies
Hmmm
Never heard of this but I would try the following:
Ctrl+A to highlight everything in the sheet, change row height of any visible row. This should also unhide all rows.
If that doesn't work, can you post the file?

Had the same problem. Did a Save As to a different name. Deleted all the merged cells, which were either complete columns or complete rows on the spreadsheet.  The hidden rows popped up without me doing anything further.  Am going to send this spreadsheet back to the originator & let him put the merged cells back in.  I never use merged cells -- they cause too many problems with Excel. 

@rocki2900 
I got them back by scrolling the screen back towards column A. Very annoying!

Tengo el mismo problema y nada funciona. Aun peor, si oculto nuevas filas para probar, las filas no vuelven a mostrarse. He probado darle  variar el alto, tomar un grupo mayor de filas. Inicio, celdas, formato mostrar. Guardé la hoia en un libro nuevo y heredó los mismos problemas. A estas alturas pienso en re instalar Office.

Same thing for me - hid some rows, then could not unhide.
I tried suggestions above re Ctrl+A then increasing row height, but didn't help.
I accidentally found a way to get them back by picking up the row height adjustment bar at the bottom of the last hidden row, if that makes sense, then pulling down to increase row height and voila there was one row. I have had to repeat this for every hidden row to get them all back again. Very tedious and fortunately I only had 25 rows not 200 ...
So is this how Hide works? just sets row height to zero? So how come doing the select all rows and entering 20 didn't apply to the zero rows??

I wonder if it was relevant that I had the first row frozen, and the hide rows started at 2. 

@claudioaguiar

Just select all worksheet with ctrl+A go to format and choice to hide all rows. select all again and in format choice again and unhide rows. All rows reappear included previous hiding