- last edited on
My favorite way to create perfect charts in one keystroke:
1. Create a chart with Alt+F1 and you get a clustered column chart.
2. Customize that chart to match your preferred chart style.
3. Right-click the chart and Save as Template. Give the template a name and save.
4. With the chart selected, choose Change Chart Type. Navigate to the Templates folder. Right-click your template and choose Set as Default Chart.
5. Click OK to close the dialog.
In the future, you can select your data, press Alt+F1, and all of the settings from step 2 will be applied. It is a big time saver. I've featured this trick on my YouTube channel several times: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8uokJztHTY
Except: it was recently broken in Office 365 First Release channel. It still works in Excel 2013 and all past versions. Is this functionality being depracated on purpose? I understand you are moving to a new Ivy charting engine, but it is a great time-saver for people who routinely have to create the same type of charts.
by matt11653 on May 27, 2020
by cuong on May 27, 2020
by Ingeborg Hawighorst on May 13, 2020