Sendit Macro

Copper Contributor

I have a workbook with a sendit macro and my supervisor cannot open it on his computer. He has enable all macros option checked in the trust center. Any other ideas as to why he cannot, when it seems as those other computers can?

5 Replies

Hmmm... that's odd.   Could you clarify a little bit further please?

1. Is this happening when he tries to open the document from an email or from a location saved on his computer?

2. Is there an error message displayed?

3. Do you notice any "greyed out" buttons in Macro Security options?

4. Any other symptoms or settings that may help diagnose the issue?

Opening from an email

There is an error message, I can't recall exactly what it was telling him, but essentially it was only allowing him to "read only"

The general belief is that it's because he is opening it on a mac.

Ashley-

Ask your supervisor to save the file locally and then try opening the file, enabling macros, etc.... and then running the macro.  It should also be noted that not all VBA code is compatible with Mac's so depending on how the code is written it may or may not work (i.e. the VBA Object Model is not as extensive in the MAC environment so some commands will not work)

If the code errors out, maybe you could paste it to this thread and I could take a look at it and try to help with compatibility issues.

Thank you!

Hey Ashley-

Just wanted to follow up and see if you had any luck correcting the issue we discussed.  More than happy to assist you further if need be.