Send an Email by Excel and without Outlook

Brass Contributor

Good afternoon
I want to make an excel file to be sent by email to other people, which inside it has a button to send the activebook by email, with the changes that the person has made in the meantime.

I can do it if the person has Outlook installed, but in this case the person can receive on their PC, Tablet or Mobile and I don't know if they have Outllok installed, or which email program they use.

Is there a way in which I know that anyone can receive the file, change the file and by pressing the button, the file is sent by email? Thank you for your help

1 Reply

@csoares 

E-mail addrese is e-mail addrese, regardless of which software the recipient uses, he should be able to receive an e-mail sent to him. Which software you use to send the e-mail does not matter.

Here is a quick VBA code with which you can send the currently active worksheet. Do not forget to make the desired settings, such as the recipient's email, the body of the email and the subject.

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
   Dim Nachricht As Object, OutApp As Object
   Set OutApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
   Dim AWS As String, wksMail As Worksheet
   Set wksMail = Sheets(1) ' sheet to be sent
   AWS = Environ("USERPROFILE") & "\" & wksMail.Name & ".xls"

'Create a temporary folder
   wksMail.Copy
   With ActiveWorkbook
     .SaveAs AWS
     .Close
   End With

Application.Visible = True
   Set Nachricht = OutApp.CreateItem(0)
   With Nachricht
     .To = "@Nikolino.de"  ‘insert the desired e-mail address.
     .Cc = ""
     .Subject = "Please complete with your text " & Date & Time
     .Attachments.Add AWS
     .Body = "Enclosed data " & vbCrLf & ""
     .Display
   End With
   Set OutApp = Nothing
   Set Nachricht = Nothing
   Kill AWS 'Delete temporary folder
 End Sub

I would be happy to know if I could help.

NikolinoDE

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.