SOLVED

"Get & Transform" availability in the online version of Excel?

Copper Contributor

I apologize if this has been posted before.  

1. I don't see "Get & Transform" on the online version of Excel in my browser.  I have Microsoft 365 Business.  Is it supported?

MicrosoftTeams-image.png

2. What do I need to do have the feature?  Upgrade my subscription for the locally downloadable Excel?

3. If it's not on the online Excel version, is there any timeline for when it would be available?

Thanks,

P

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Hans Vogelaar (MVP)
Solution

@pcubed Get& Transform (aka Power Query) is not filly supported in the on-line version. You can open a workbook that contains queries, see some information about the queries that the workbook contains and certain queries can be refreshed. But you can not create new or edit existing queries. For that you need the Desktop version for the PC (i.e. NOT for the Mac).

@Riny_van_Eekelen Thanks for the confirmation!!! It's too bad the documentation isn't clear.

"The Power Query experience is available in all Excel 2016 or later Windows stand alone versions and Microsoft 365 subscription plans on the Data tab in the Get & Transform group." and the following statement "Because it’s a subscription-based version, Microsoft 365, at any one time, contains all the available Power Query features. You can think of it as the master set."

So when I read Microsoft 365 subscription, I thought it was referring to the online version.  But I guess Microsoft 365 is a desktop version that is subscription based rather than a one time fee like standalone.

Regards,

P

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Hans Vogelaar (MVP)
Solution

@pcubed Get& Transform (aka Power Query) is not filly supported in the on-line version. You can open a workbook that contains queries, see some information about the queries that the workbook contains and certain queries can be refreshed. But you can not create new or edit existing queries. For that you need the Desktop version for the PC (i.e. NOT for the Mac).

View solution in original post