problem with using MINVERSE function

Copper Contributor

Hi everybody

I have a problem with using MINVERSE function(I don't have office 365).

When I arrive at the stage in the picture, I press Ctrl+Shift+Enter, but the matrix isn't shown completely and there is only one cell.

What do I have to do?(The second table is selected)

Thank you in advance.

The second table is selectedThe second table is selected

5 Replies

@Sajjad_Moslehi 

Just happened that I had the grid set up for an 8x8 matrix inversion on an open workbook!

I use Office 365 so my inverse matrix spilt correctly and I got agreement with your (1,1) cell.  I then changed the formula to a CSE array.  Did you select the entire 8x8 region, click in the formula bar and commit the formula with Ctrl+Shift+Enter?  That worked for me.

Traditional Excel's array handling is about as user-friendly as a cornered rat but still better than absolute/relative/mixed referencing!

@Peter Bartholomew 

I have the same problem with Windows 10 and Basic 2019 365, but I don't understand the answer provided, and I have 365, I think.

The first time it worked  on a 3x3 array using MINVERSE(array) with CTRL SHFT Insert.

Then I tried it on a 2x2 array.  It entered only the first element in the output array.

I tried copying the same 3x3 array to another location.  This time MINVERSE either delivers only one element or produces an error.

@vicvanlint 

In Excel 365 if you use Ctrl+Shift+Enter only first element of the array is returned. Try with simple Enter.

@Sergei Baklan 

Sorry, but it still shows only the (1,1) entry.

The first time I tried it with the 4x4 array I used CTRL-SHFT-ENTER.

Is it possible that EXCEL only allows you to use it once on each spread sheet?

I erased the output matrix from the 4x4 matrix I had succeeded inverting before and tried again with ENTER : just one entry.  The I tried again with CTRL-SHFT-ENTER.  Still only one entry.  It acts like it only allows you to succeed once!

@vicvanlint 

With Ctrl+Shift+Enter it shall be only one number returned, not an array. It will be better if you could submit sample file to play with it. And I'd suggest to continue discussion in one  of the threads, let say with https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/excel/minverse-works-sometimes-on-excel-365-but-produces-only.... It's bit hard to follow same discussion in two different threads.