Power query Sharepoint delayed update

Deleted
Not applicable

I am currently using power query to import excel files via get sharepoint. Files are in individual libraries. However some excel files are not found by power query. The excel files are found when i go straight to the sharepoint website but not when i open the library through power query.

11 Replies

Hi Anthony,

Do you use root URL of your Sharepoint site? If so, it shall work, for SPO it looks like

= SharePoint.Files("https://contoso.sharepoint.com/teams/myteam", [ApiVersion = 15])

(that's for Teams site, but doesn't matter)

and as next step you shall filter on library you need.

@Sergei Baklan 

I really hope you can help.

I created a link to a sharepoint folder (Power Query) in an Excel file and everything works perfect the first time.

I then upload a new file to the folder on sharepoint, but when I then use Get Data-Sharepoint folder (from the same Excel file - let's say its a month later and I need the new  file imported into Power Query) , the folder list shows the original files and does not include the new uploaded file.  If I change a file name for example, it does not update either.

@Chris Botha 

If you don't see new files only in preview window as on your screenshot, that's most probably cache. Click on Transform data and Refresh. Or Load and Refresh. And/or clear cache in Query options

image.png

@Sergei Baklan 

I cannot thank you more than enough!!!

You just saved my life.  I have been asking everywhere for the last two weeks and no one either replied or had an answer.

Thank you so so much.

@Chris Botha , glad to help

@Sergei Baklan  @Chris Botha  - I am having the exact same issue but unfortunately clearing the cache has not worked. Similarly I have tried clearing all permissions in the data source settings and re-setting them up. Any other ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks

Hugo

@hcbreakey93 

It was at least two issues discussed - access to libraries and refresh of library content after long period of inactivity. Which one is yours?

Thanks for the quick reply @Sergei Baklan. The issue I'm having is that even after refreshing the queries, clearing the cache and refreshing the permissions to the sharepoint site, the query is not recognising the new files that have been loaded into the sharepoint folder.

Please see attached screenshot.

hcbreakey93_0-1612913518079.png

@hcbreakey93 

Thank you. And what is another condition after the and? Perhaps you may share entire formula.

image.png

Thank you so much. Solved!

@Carlos_Marino  How did you resolve??