Mac OS UserForm Alternative

Copper Contributor

I'm looking for an alternative add-ins to create user forms in VBA for Mac, since the Microsoft team removed it from the recent versions for Mac OS.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

10 Replies
All I can think of is installing Windows on a virtual machine on your Mac :)
Be sure you have updated to Excel version 16.52 or newer
It appears that you can now generate user forms via code. Instructions and example code are given in the link below. Be sure to use the Tools menu > References and set these Ref-erences before running the example code:
Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications Extensibility 5.3
Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object Library
VBA Express : Excel - Programmatically Add a UserForm
This should get you started. I think you can now use code to add, remove and modify the userform and its controls. Please give this a try and reply whether or not this works for you.
Thanks

@JimGMac I tested the code in the link you posted but it did not work. I get an error that variable showform is not declared.

Still looking for a solution.

@pcsrvc 

You can generate user forms via code. Instructions and example code are given in the link below. In the Visual Basic Editor (VBE) be sure to use the Tools menu > References and set these References before running the example code:

• Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications Extensibility 5.3
    Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object Library

Here's more example code

VBA Express : Excel - Programmatically Add a UserForm

@JimGMac 

Hello 

after following the. instructions I receive this message error :

For N = 1 To ActiveWorkbook.VBProject.VBComponents.Count.

unfortunately I don't get any knowledges in VBA or computer language.

could you please help me.

for my project, i m looking for 2 things :

create an user form or access to the option formular as tool on my ribbon

@shinchane101 To the best of my knowledge it is not possible to make VBA userforms in Visual Studio for Mac. I am not able to find any information about the userform+ product you mentioned.

@Anthgrim
I'm finalizing an add-in that can work on Mac OS  that will build userforms automatically  fromm worksheet data .it will allow data entry, navigation, searching etc.
Hopefully soon, there will be a free version.  It's described here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Excel4Mac/s/q6AMgkPfvf

if you want to try it out you can msg me and i will send a link to the docs, the xlam  and help file.

Ian

Just sent you a message, sir.

@michaelmich66 Did you remember to "Trust access to the VBA project object module" in Excel Preferences/Security/Developer Macro Settings?