How To Search For Multiple Words With "Find"

Copper Contributor

The Excel Sheet is my bank statement, so I cant share that, but I can explain well enough that a visual shouldn't be needed.
The Data is only 4 Columns (A-D)
(A) Date    |   (B) Type of Transaction    |    (C) Location    |    (D) Amount

(B) Also stores the website/physical store where the transaction took place.  

- I want to simply search for multiple keywords instead individually searching 1 word at a time. 
Lets say I want to delete all Rows where these words exist:
Sonic
eBay

7 Eleven

Amazon
Apple
Netflix

~ Is this possible? Basically decreasing the amount of time by the number of keywords you're wanting to remove. 

3 Replies

@RKD2313 Begin by assigning a name to the range that contains the keywords, for example "KeyWords".

Then in E2 enter this formula:

=IFERROR(INDEX(KeyWords,MATCH(TRUE,(ISNUMBER(SEARCH(KeyWords,B2,1))),0),1),"")

and copy it down. It should return the first keyword found in the text in column B if it finds at least one of the keywords.

In your example, using "KeyWords" as the term, wouldn't this just result in finding rows where "KeyWords" matches? Im not sure Im grasping what you're saying. If I am understanding, even somewhat, "Keywords" is only 1 search term? If I have 500 Rows of the best fast food chains in USA State by State and I want to rid all rows containing "Burger King" "McDonalds" "Sonic" "Arbys" "Subway" "Chilis" etc etc, but these keywords are randomly placed throughout those 500 Rows, how can I search for all of those keywords + Delete Rows containing mentioned restaurants in 1 go (If thats even possible).

If I dont understand you, but you understand me, I apologize

@RKD2313 Perhaps the attached file will clarify what I had in mind.