How to add additional calculating sections to a current spread sheet

Copper Contributor

Hello.

I need help with a current spreadsheet we are using. I am looking for an easier way to enter additional employee lines (sections) into a multi-calculating Excel spread sheet. Each employee section is 24 lines/37 columns - refer to 1st uploaded picture of one employee section). There are currently about 25 employee sections in this spread sheet. 

I enter each employee’s hours, each day by job, for a two-week period.

The sheet totals the hours I enter for each employee by job--by week and then calculates a 2-week total. The lines are also totaled to the right by job type.  There are 28 job columns.  

At the bottom of the spread sheet there is a line where the two week total hours for all employees, for each job, is displayed. Those hours are then subtracted from the scheduled hour totals for each job/2-week period. Any difference appears on a third line. Picture 2.

Below that, is a chart where the spread sheet totals and displays the hours for each job, by day. It also totals the daily hours for each job for each week, and then the two week totals combine.

Last year, I had to enter new employee sections into this spread sheet. I did it by cutting and pasting and dragging, and then spent a good bit of time making sure all the calculations were adding correctly. It was a bit of a trial and error process, that I finally got to work, but it was FAR from ideal.

Recently, I have been trying different ways to cut and paste and insert. I can get the section to total correctly, but the numbers are not getting picked up to calculate into the sections below--the combined employee totals. I am hoping there is an easy way to do this.

Help please?

Feel free to direct me to appropriate tutorials

I searched for anything I could find to help me, but it may be that I didn’t know how to correctly describe in a tag line, what I am trying to do.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Cate

ENTER EMPLOYEE HRS BY JOB/DAYENTER EMPLOYEE HRS BY JOB/DAYSHEET TOTALS HOURS WORKED BY JOB & COMPARES TO SCHEDULED HRSSHEET TOTALS HOURS WORKED BY JOB & COMPARES TO SCHEDULED HRSSHEET POPULATES THIS TABLE WITH TOTALS BY JOB BY DAY, BY WEEK, 2 WK TOTALSHEET POPULATES THIS TABLE WITH TOTALS BY JOB BY DAY, BY WEEK, 2 WK TOTAL.

0 Replies