GETTING THIS ALERT: Excel ran out of resources while attempting to calculate one or more formulas.

Copper Contributor

something messed up my excel page and it has spread to all my spreadsheets. Where do I get it fixed. There are no complicated formulas, just data input with some autosum features. Each time I fill in a cell, the alert pops up.

5 Replies

@trees77 

I guess you are on Office 365 and most probably there is incorrect array formula which is source for such message. Here is few pages thread with similar cases.

If you could share the file removing sensitive information perhaps we could help.

If I could figure out how to drop the file here I would. It won't let me and I'm not techy.
It's possible the usedrange extends well beyond where your data actually ends. If you were on a PC, I'd suggest Inquire but I see you're on a Mac. I'd try going through each sheet and pressing Fn ^ (right arrow) to see what Excel sees as the end of your data. If it jumps well beyond your data, then that's the cause of the memory error. You'd have to select the excess and delete the rows/columns.

@trees77 

You may share on OneDrive or like, or send the private message with attached file

@Patrick2788 When I press Fn the windows go away (it's a Mac) so that's not working. Any other suggestions?