SOLVED

Excell "Spill"

Copper Contributor

Let me try to explain.  I have dates in column A and data in column E to be counted in different ways.  Some E cells will be blank and some with different data.  What I’m trying to do is count blank cells in column E from cell E2 to the present date.  I’ve tried a number of formula combinations w/o success.  Most all results are in “Spill” which seems to mean the column next to the formula needs to be blank.  I can’t away from the spill nor can I get proper results.  I’ll show some formulas I have been working with but welcome any and all suggestions.  What is important here is counting information in column "E" ton column "E2" from the date of real time entry in column "A".

This the latest formula:  INDEX(A:A,TODAY(),MATCH(E:E,COUNTIF(E:E,””))), another; INDEX(A:A,TODAY(),SUMIF(E:E,””)), INDEX(A:A,TODAY(),COUNTIF(E2:E3589,””)),  =COUNTIF($E$2:$E$3596,””).  This last on with E3596 must be changed daily to work.  However, I want it auto updated from date of entry in column"E".

5 Replies

@budspwr1933 

As variant that could be

=IFERROR( ROWS( FILTER( A2:A10000, ( A2:A10000 = TODAY() )* ( E2:E10000 = "" ) ) ), 0 )
best response confirmed by budspwr1933 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@budspwr1933 

Have you tried COUNTIFS?

Rsartori76_0-1657832145700.png

@Rsartori76  Thank you very much.  I'll give this a try.  There have been several suggestions so onward I go.

Thank you very much.  I'll give this a try.  There have been several suggestions. I'm happy to try them all.
Thank you Sergei very much.  I'll give this a try.  There have been several suggestions. I'm happy to try them all.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by budspwr1933 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@budspwr1933 

Have you tried COUNTIFS?

Rsartori76_0-1657832145700.png

View solution in original post