Excel will not let me record a macro

Copper Contributor

I have been working on a workbook that contains several macros that I wrote and some that I recorded.  Never had a problem.  All of a sudden it will not let me record or create a macro.  The workbook is not protected.  I select Record a macro.  The screen comes up asking for the name.  I just use the default, Macro1.  But when I hit OK, it does nothing.  I can run existing Macros, but I cannot create a new one.  Does anyone know what is going on and how I can fix it?

thanks,

Bigjim

4 Replies
Good afternoon, please verify how your macros work:
Home>Options>Trust Center > Trust Center Settings > Macros settings>... Choose enable VBA. Regards
Thanks for the promt reply. I already did this. I have Macros enabled. All my other macros in this workbook work fine. Just can't record a new one. It does nothing when I click on record macro. Also if I want to just creat a new one, It won't let me click on Create when I open the Macro box. Again all my other macros are there and work fine, just can't do a new one. I thought maybe I had exceeded the limit to how many I could have in a workbook, so I deleted one but that didn't help.

Again, Thanks

Bigjim
Hello,
With a new file.xlsm do you also have this problem ?
I just tried that and it worked. So I went back to my file and now it's working. I did nothing else, so I'm not sure what happened but all is working now.

Thanks again. I really appreciate the help. Hopefully it fixed itself

Bigjim