Excel on Microsoft 365 Macros not working

Copper Contributor

New Computer Microsoft 11 pro.  New Windows 365 subscription

Use OneDrive to access files.

Excel files open but do not have "Enable Access" button which I'm used to.

The Warning on the Files that have Macros say: SECURITY RISK Microsoft have blocked macros from running because the source of the file is untrusted.  There is a "Learn More" button but no "Enable Access" button. 

I've tried the Trust Center,

Adding onedrive as a trusted Location

Changing macro settings to Enable VBA macros (only temporarily to see if it would work) which it didn't.

I also tried enabling macros 4.0 that didn't work. I do not think the macros is that old

help please

8 Replies
trying to create a pdf file in Microsoft excel
Go to File | Info | Properties | Advanced Properties. Clear the 'author' name. Save the workbook and then close/re-open.
That did not work.
Options | Trust Center | Trust Center Settings | Trusted docs - try clearing the Trusted Cache.
That did not work.

I need to have the files in OneDrive as they are shared by another user with me. However when I copy the file onto my desktop I get a new security warning. SECURITY WARNING Macros have been disabled. With an Enable Content button. When clicked the macros works.

So the problem is somewhere between OneDrive and Excel?
Hope that extra info helps you come up with a solution
With the workbook closed, right-click the file icon | properties. In the General tab, check the 'unblock' option.

The issue is with a stricter Microsoft macro security setting. I've seen this same issue with several clients over the past few weeks. Usually clearing the author name or even wiping a workbook's metadata is enough to fix the issue.

I've seen that "fix" online. Unfortunately I do not have the "unblock" box to uncheck.