Excel Interactive Worksheet

Copper Contributor

I am fairly new to creating interactive worksheets in Excel. I want to create an order form with a list of products and there are two columns at the end of the product information where they can choose quantity and the next field is where it calculates the total price. I have all the main parts secure so that no one can edit them and the only two fields that are open to editing are the quantity and total price fields and the place where they fill in their name/address/phone. We have over 500 products so this worksheet is 15 pages long. I don't know how to share this file with customers so they can fill it out and email it back to us. Every time I send it, the receiver is unable to fill in the fields that need to be filled in. I would love to send it in pdf format but it doesn't work either. None of the fields can be filled in when in PDF form. Help would be appreciated! Is there a tutorial somewhere? 

1 Reply
Email should work just fine. I downloaded the file and can enter data in the green cells on top and in column G. All other cells are locked as they should be.
Maybe your customers just don't know what they have to fill out. Maybe it's not a technical issue but rather a process issue. What I would do is mark all cells which the customer can modify In a specific colour so it's clear what they need to fill out.
PDF would actually work as well but you need to buy software in order to do that. It's not possible with adobe reader...