SOLVED

Excel formula Help

Copper Contributor

I am getting a false return in cell K11 and I would like some help to add the correct formula please.   It only reads false when the figure in G6 is greater than 17.

The red formulas are only because they are the formulas I needed

Our employee wants to be only paid 55 hours of his pay each week;

- We always pay him the X 2.0 overtime hours first. (from G6), K11 shows this.  BUT if I put in 18 hours the result I am getting is false.  I presume because it wants another formula in there to tell it to only keep the 17hrs in cell K11 and move the balance of 1 hour to the overtime schedule in column O11.

Further explanation of the spreadsheet:

K10 shows 2 hours which is taken off his x 1.5 hrs (G5) to bring his total of hours to 55 which he has requested to be paid each week.  

Then we need to record the balance of hours remaining in his overtime schedule.
O10 shows 18 the balance of his X 1.5 hours (G5-K10)
O11 shows zero currently which is not always the case as sometimes there may be some hours to carryover after the calculation in K11 is complete.

Thanks in advance,

Wendy

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Wendy Coyle (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi Wendy

Hopefully I am understanding the calculations right, but I've altered the formulas in your workbook significantly to reflect the scenario you have provided.

Have a play with the attached worksheet and see if this does the trick?

You just have to enter in the numbers in G5 and G6 and the formulas will calculate the rest!

Please let me know how you go?

Cheers

Damien

Wooooo Hoooooo !!! Thank you soooo much Damien.  I am so pleased.  You have saved us one big headache on payday !!!

Glad to help!

All the best with your pay day!

Cheers
Damien
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Wendy Coyle (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi Wendy

Hopefully I am understanding the calculations right, but I've altered the formulas in your workbook significantly to reflect the scenario you have provided.

Have a play with the attached worksheet and see if this does the trick?

You just have to enter in the numbers in G5 and G6 and the formulas will calculate the rest!

Please let me know how you go?

Cheers

Damien

View solution in original post