Excel for MAC - data field Stock exchange

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I have the latest version of XLS for MAC but there is no way to get the function of stock exchange. Do anyone have a suggestion or a tutorial how to find the data field stock exchange. It works perfect in XLS for PC but can't find it in XLS for MAC.

Thank's for help.

Best regards Henrik

Attached files:

XLS for MAC

Numbers with function

4 Replies

@Henrik_Patek 

On a Mac myself and it works fine for me. It seems you don't have the data types for Stocks and Geography active in the DATA ribbon. Go to Excel, Preferences and select the Ribbon & Toolbar icon. See if you find "Data types" on the right hand side. If not, find it on the left and "send it over" to the right.

Screenshot 2019-12-03 at 08.43.58.png

Google further suggests it's a language issue. Make sure you have the English editing language installed (should be there automatically). But just check in case it isn't.

@Riny_van_Eekelen 

Hi

Thank's for the instruction. I've just change language from Swedish to English and now it works great.

Thank's !!! BR Henrik

@Henrik_Patek 

Were you ever able to get the Share Price or any other fields auto fill in Excel for Mac? It works fine on Windows or Cloud based Excel but not on a macbook. 

How-to-get-stock-data-in-Excel-04

None of the options like Price, Volume... work. I tried to copy paste the formula for those fields from Office 365 to Mac but they never worked.