Does the new Microsoft 365 Business offering contain Power Pivot?

MVP
12 Replies

Wyn,

I don't know but will be surprised if added. My understanding is what Microsoft 365 Business SKU=

Office 365 Business Premium + Windows 10 Pro

I think you’re probably right and another opportunity missed and more disappointed people lie ahead. I hop we are wrong

I googled a bit, no straightforward list of features from Microsoft, but based on these links

http://samsungtips.net/news/Microsoft-365-Business-Part-1-–-Windows-10-Business

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365-business/support/microsoft-365-business-faqs

yes,

---

Microsoft 365 Business bundles together Office 365 Business Premium, some pieces of Microsoft's Enterprise Mobility + Security offering and upgrade rights to Windows 10.

---

Power Pivot availability is here:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Where-is-Power-Pivot-aa64e217-4b6e-410b-8337-20b87e1c2a4b?u...

Microsoft 365 Business includes Office 365 Business, which doesn't currently include Power Pivot. We're looking at how to extend to broader set of SKUs, nothing to announce as yet. Microsoft 365 Enterprise include Office 365 ProPlus which does include Power Pivot.

thanks

Ash

Lead Program Manager

Excel

Hi, Sharma..

I have checked the link on Power Pivot availability across MS products in your post above and it says all Office 365 subscribtions HAVE Power Pivot included, but your post says Office 365 Business doesn't include Power Pivot, which seems to be true, because I have Office 365 Business premium subscribtion, had Power Pivot in Excel untill today, but today I decided to switch from 32bit to 64bit verion of Office 365 and my Power Pivot has gone. Cleaning registry as adviced on respective Power Pivot installation article did not bring it back (not in COM Add-Ins list either).

I wonder if this is because information on the link isn't correct and not ALL Office 365 subscribers have Power Pivot in their Excel installation or ...

I am lost completely....

With best regards,
Roman.

Hi Roman,

Both is correct - on the time of Ashvini post Power Pivot was available only for Office 365 Ex. Couple of months ago or so it becomes available for all Office 365 SKU:s. Even for Office 365 Home. Article on the link was updated some ago.

Sergey, hi.

I appreciate your quick responce.

That is a good news, that wider user community now have access to this powerful tool!

I wonder if may be heard some issues with Power Pivot for 64bit editions of Office 365 ? It has gone from my installation once I swithced on 64bit package and as you confirmed this is not due to sort of subscribtion I have, must be something else.

With best regards,

Roman.

Roman, something else. Right now I have Office 365 Home and E3 (vpn on my work PC) opened, both 64 bits and both with Power Pivot.

I'm not sure if we have Business Essential in organization, but I'll check. But I'm sure it shall be with Power Pivot.

Sergei, hi.

yes, you were perfectly right - there was something else, I guess we'll never know what it was because I managed to fix it with complete uninstalling Office 365 from my PC (with easy fix) and re-installing it again.

So what we have at the end:

1. As of today Power Pivot is provided with Office 365 plans (in my case that is Office 365 Business Premium)

2. Power Pivot is provided for both platforms - 32bit and 64bit

3. Sometimes (for example, when you play around with uninstalling/installing Office software) Power Pivot may get lost with no way to recover by regular means and the only way to bring it back may be complete removing Office products from your PC and clean installation (I used this post as a guide - https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/61d07a73-f388-40f6-8799-761f52f0cdbc/powerpivot... )

With best regards,

Roman.

Hi Sergei, Roman, 

I've just submitted a request to update the link. All versions of Office 365 that contain a desktop version of Excel on Windows should have Power Pivot available now. Some editions of Office 365 only include Office Online and not the desktop clients, so those won't have Power Pivot. 

thanks 

ash

Ashvini Sharma

Lead Program Manager

Excel

Ash, if you ask Chris to add the date when the support article was updated that will be perfect. Otherwise we have situations like here - people find the links in a year ago conversations with comments around it, after that article was updated couple of times - that's confusing. 

Great idea, Sergei, I'll forward to the right people. 

ash

Ashvini Sharma

Lead Program Manager

Excel