Custom calendar dates

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I'm trying to create a custom calendar for staff timesheets. Our payroll require the dates to run 6th of each month to the 5th of the next month to fall in line with the tax year. How do I edit a template to show those dates. For example, 6th November to 5th December under the month of November.Screenshot 2023-10-25 at 12.26.24.png

Effectively, I need to shift the weeks up and then auto display the rest of the dates in December up to 5th. Ideally I would then custom to make the dates outside the payroll month invisible. That then leaves it clear for employees to add their hours worked for each day to generate the weekly and monthly hours (as already formatted)

Thanks in advance

6 Replies

@joshbarryiow 

See if you can adapt the attached calendar (based on one of Microsoft's templates) for your purpose.

Thank you, that certainly looks like a better calendar for this application. I suppose it would be a case of trying to work out how to adapt that to start and finish on a certain date or just to remove dates each side possibly? This one is using an NDX formula so I'll have a play around

@joshbarryiow 

You can play with the shading and/or conditional formatting to hide the dates outside the desired period.

@Hans Vogelaar -- Hello, I'm hoping you can help, if not thanks for at least reading. 

In my search to find an appropriate method to make a custom calendar based on the zodiac dates this seems to be the closest solution. The problem is that I am an amateur when it comes to Excel. I just know it can do powerful things. I already have the data in the sheets and the layout of the calendar but ....

Making the calendar start on Aries - March 19-21 (depending on the year) and making the calendar end at the end of Pisces March 18-20. The calendar is based on the zodiac and starting the calendar on the Spring Equinox.I've attached a link to the google doc which i know isn't excel but it can be downloaded for comments. I appreciation and thank you in advance if you or anyone can assist.  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CPCh9oqvweobkUI-a3_rr9lddRYrQaVr/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=11438...

Thanks

QueenAJ

@1QueenAJ 

I'm sorry, I have no idea how to do that.

@Hans Vogelaar Thanks so much for responding. I was coming here to see if I had any. I found this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG0sfxahdsU&t=525s presented by ExcellsFun. It gave me the largest piece, which was the date manipulation. I've been using some data validation and will be looking into conditional formatting as well. Grateful you sent me down a different formula which led to this find.