Copy Excel Data from Many Workbooks to a Workbook

Brass Contributor

Hello Excel Community,

I am wondering, based on the attached, if Excel is capable accomplishing the below defined task by using cell coordinates, even if no table(s) exist?

I posed the following question to the Automate Community.

I have an Excel workbook that is posted to a OneDrive folder a few times a week.
The name of the workbook is the same except for the date.
The workbook looks like the following and has no tables. There are multiple sheets that have data in each workbook. 

I need to move all data in the columns with the black headers to a SharePoint List whenever a new document is added to the OneDrive folder.

As the workbook has merged cells and no table, Is this possible?

The response I received -

I'm afraid Power Automate is not suitable for this task. Because if the data is not formatted as a table, it means that the data cannot be retrieved through the Get Rows action.

4 Replies

@Phishdawg 

If to exclude automation, you may use Power Query to collect data, transform it and load result into the structured table.

Well, okay, yet another thing to learn.

Where in Microsoft 365 can I find Power Query, and do you have any learning links that will assist me in my task?

Thanks you!

@Phishdawg 

Introduction to Power Query could be found here What is Power Query and How Does it Work? Beginners Guide (gorilla.bi) (and on many other resources).

How it could be applied in your concrete case better to discuss on sample file if you could generate and share it.

I did a little exploring and experimenting.

I believe I figured it out.

Thanks for the feedback anyway, it is much appreciated.