Can someone create some Office Scripts for what I need? I can venmo some money beforehand!

Copper Contributor

Hello community,

I'm looking for someone who can turn the automated features I created using VBA in desktop excel into the Office Scripts equivalent.  I can shoot you $10 via venmo, paypal, zelle, whatever you have beforehand for trust's sake.  

So, in my excel doc, I have vba set to automatically perform macros when it is opened.  I here you can just schedule automations online.  So, it doesn't specifically have to be upon open in sharepoint. 

There are two sheets.  I have it currently set up to search Sheet 1 (List of UPCs) in Column D (Start Date) for any row that has a date that has passed.  I have it set up to do two things.  1st, it transfers the entire row of all whose date has passed to the next available row on Sheet 2 (Historical Data), and 2nd, it clears columns C through E of those same rows on Sheet 1.

I also have a text box set to come up to remind the user to add formula =today() to any blank column Es as my code was contingent upon today's date.  

If you can translate my code to the equivalent Office Scripts automation, I can pay $10.  If you improve upon my process, I will tip you more!

Please help!  Attached is my excel doc, and below is the VBA code I wrote for it before I found out it wasn't supported in the online version.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
'Declaring variables
Dim ws As Worksheet
Dim wt As Worksheet
Dim i As Long
Dim Lastrow As Long
Dim NewRecordsRow As Long
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Set ws = Worksheets("List of UPCs")
Set wt = Worksheets("Historical Data")
Lastrow = ws.Range("B" & ws.Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
NewRecordsRow = wt.Range("B" & wt.Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
For i = 2 To Lastrow
If ws.Cells(i, "E").Value < Date Then
NewRecordsRow = NewRecordsRow + 1
ws.Cells(i, "E").EntireRow.Copy Destination:=wt.Cells(NewRecordsRow, 1)
ws.Range(ws.Cells(i, 3), ws.Cells(i, 5)).Clear
End If
Next i
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
MsgBox "Fill in any blank Column E fields with the formula =today(). This ensures certain functions act accordingly."
End Sub

1 Reply
U Hello, as you are, I have a problem and I need help, I can't log into my Venmo.com account.