Block add in pop ups

Copper Contributor

I downloaded a pop-up on my Excel online. I removed it already but I can't get rid of it. It keeps popping up every time I open my Excel spreadsheet. Is there any way to remove it for good?  

1 Reply

@Aaron0044 

The pop-up you're experiencing in Excel Online might be due to various factors, not necessarily an add-in. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Disable Excel Online Add-ins:

• Go to https://office.com and log in to your account.
  • Click on your profile picture in the top right corner and select "Settings."
  • Click on "My add-ins."
  • Look for any suspicious or unknown add-ins related to Excel Online.
  • Toggle off the switch next to the add-in to disable it.

2. Clear Browser Cache and Cookies:

• Clear your browser's cache and cookies, as outdated data can sometimes cause unexpected behavior.
  • Check your browser's specific instructions for clearing cache and cookies.

3. Reset Browser Settings:

• If the issue persists, consider resetting your browser settings to their default values.
  • Be aware that this will also reset other preferences like saved passwords and website permissions.

4. Check for Malware:

• Run a malware scan using your antivirus software to ensure your system is free from any malicious programs that might be causing the pop-up.

5. Use a Different Browser:

• Try opening Excel Online in a different browser to see if the pop-up appears there as well. This can help isolate the issue to your specific browser or its configuration.

6. Contact Microsoft Support:

• If none of the above steps resolve the issue, you can contact Microsoft support for further assistance. They might have additional insights or solutions specific to your situation.

Additional Tips:

• Avoid downloading or installing anything from unreliable sources, as they might contain malware that can cause pop-ups and other unwanted behavior.
  • Keep your browser and operating system updated with the latest security patches to address potential vulnerabilities.

By following these steps, you should be able to identify and eliminate the source of the pop-up in Excel Online. If the issue persists, contacting Microsoft support can provide further guidance and potential solutions.