SOLVED

Availability of Dynamic Array Formulas In Temporary Hybrid MS 365 Online and Office 2016 Desktop

Brass Contributor

My employer is migrating everyone to MS 365 Online and desktop in a 2-step process, implementing the online version in January 2021 and then the desktop version in June 2021.  My question is that I'm anxious to have access to Excel's great new Dynamic Array formulas in the interim once we have the online version available.  Will I be able to do that with files in Excel 2016 and Excel 365 online available?

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Steve1330 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Steve1330 

No, dynamic arrays is not included into 2016. With same account you'll have access to

Excel 2016 - all functionality except newly introduced in recent couple of years, like DA

Excel 365 Online - limited set of functionality, but includes modern one as DA. No VBA but Office Scripts

Excel 365 Desktop - full functional office, exact set of functionality above basic (DA is basic here) depends on your license and channel.

Thank you Sergei, that answers my question.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Steve1330 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Steve1330 

No, dynamic arrays is not included into 2016. With same account you'll have access to

Excel 2016 - all functionality except newly introduced in recent couple of years, like DA

Excel 365 Online - limited set of functionality, but includes modern one as DA. No VBA but Office Scripts

Excel 365 Desktop - full functional office, exact set of functionality above basic (DA is basic here) depends on your license and channel.

View solution in original post