SOLVED

Suggestion: Keyboard shortcut for switching between tabs

Silver Contributor

I am a user who more likely depends on Keyboard shortcuts on non-touchscreen based computers. The problem I see is that when I want to switch tabs quickly, I have to move the cursor by the trackpad to the tabs and then switch between tabs which would have been easy if there was a shortcut made for switching between tabs.

So, I am suggesting shortcuts to switch between tabs which are Ctrl+Left Arrow for switching to the tabs on the left and Ctrl+Right Arrow for switching to the tabs on the right.

Keyboard shortcuts for switching between tabsKeyboard shortcuts for switching between tabs

If you like this feature, then you can support this feature by sending feedback through the in-app feedback tool in Microsoft Edge by following the steps in the spoiler tag or using keyboard shortcut Alt+Shift+I which will give this feature a +1.

Spoiler

Steps to open in-app feedback tool.Steps to open in-app feedback tool.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by TheShaunSaw (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@TheShaunSaw 

You do know about Ctrl+Tab / Ctrl+Shift+Tab, don't you?

@Bert_Huijben 

Yes, I did know about those shortcuts but I had used them years ago, maybe 3, 5 or 6. So, it went out of my brain and you helped me remember it back today. Thank you very much, I appreciate it :smile:

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by TheShaunSaw (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@TheShaunSaw 

You do know about Ctrl+Tab / Ctrl+Shift+Tab, don't you?

View solution in original post