SS33: smart pip mode - better tiktok integration (or other video social/websites) picture-in-picture

Iron Contributor

Suggestion (SS): 33 Classification: TIKTOK + PIP / picture-in-picture + audio control
PRIORITY IN MY OPINION: 4-6 on a scale from 1 (low) to 10 (high)

EDIT: i just found this picture in picture https://link.ws/pipdiscussion1 discussion in the feed too.

1) i don't see this directly

edgesuggestions_0-1604581736137.png

is annoying i need to activate it via flags

2) pip doesn't work, even if i activate it

goal

edgesuggestions_1-1604581846368.png

like 360 chrome (or even better, see 3) or https://link.ws/vivopepip

edgesuggestions_4-1604584036378.png

with better video control (sugg.17.)

edgesuggestions_5-1604584072415.png

and pip buttons (sugg.18.), but avoid to put it over the downloader... (like the picture)

3) smart player with zoomed features

edgesuggestions_2-1604582155140.png

like this on the right

4) remember tiktok specific size

5) keep always on top over all mac apps (i haven't tested this with edge, because i don't see pip)

6) please go to next tiktok automatically

7) allow extension in pip mode, so i can download tiktok videos in pip mode with the overlay button

PS: about 6) i already told to them inside my 50+ suggestions to tiktok too, but maybe edge is able to fix it too. i hope auto for both pip mode and normal web browsing.

8)add possibility to add multiple url inside a list of pip mode, so a sort of playlist pip mode.

9) maybe like 8 with collections or bookmarks folders, so you pip mode randomly url

10) add to bookmarks inside pip mode directly, especially if you implement 6)

11) same like 10 for collections

12) maybe a separate history for pipmode visited urls (if 6. is implemented)

EDIT: sorry i can activate it via 1 ... there is no button over the video for pip (or below, near the video).

if i do that, i see

edgesuggestions_0-1604583066888.png

there is no mute option too.

13) we cannot change the size, we can only change position. 

yes pip is over all mac apps (i see it now after enabling with 1. )

14) remember to add even the option "keep behind mac app too". so both option should be available.

15) loop mode support for other website

edgesuggestions_2-1604583543899.png

here the max size possible

16) better audio control panel, where we see all tabs with audio active and we can choose where to keep audio on or off. for example if 300 tabs are opened, but 20 with audio, in this panel we see only the 20 tabs.

17,18) see above

19) ability to quick copy url link or share the video (in pip mode)

20) screenshot feature integrated in pip mode.

21) loop from x to y https://www.tiktok.com/@buketalican11.12.16/video/6682465643712744709 example from 0 to 0.22 in this video, by skipping the rest

22) continue to loop, even if i launch another website, in this case you have 2 audios, 1 with pip, 1 without. would be cool the loop function for normal browsing too (is possible via extension...)

23) remember the dual mode suggestion: pip and full mode at the same time https://link.ws/edgess25

about 24) it depends how you implement all that. if you do like 360chrome, where each video has separate pip

edgesuggestions_0-1604585962856.png

then allow both option "deactivate audio in dock mode" or "keep audio in dock mode" (not available in 360). what i like is that i can pip my videos in the dock. so if you use a player, maybe a way to pip the player in the dock is cool too, with both option "audio on" "audio off".

25) if there is no idea for 23) then a way to switch from pip to full faster, and from full to pip too

about 26) i know this get against tiktok policy, but maybe useful for other websites**. 

edgesuggestions_1-1604587285997.png

a download button.

**at the end 

edgesuggestions_0-1604587167088.png

is not possible to download it at all, since it doesn't work. plus the fact that tiktok download is not directly a feature a browser need to support and extension can do it perfectly. so the point is to add it for other websites, that allow you to download videos without copyright problem...

27) spotify player should be different from video player. so we can have spotify and pip at the same time.

28) 2x click switch size

for example with opera max size is

edgesuggestions_0-1604611613656.png

then with a 2x click we go to 

edgesuggestions_0-1604612520026.png

so a small size, which is not related to the full size video - pip mode switch suggestion that i wrote before. 

in this case the max size could be 1/2 of display, full mode is 1/1

29) right click options 

edgesuggestions_0-1604611968976.png

would be cool to see suggestions or skip ads or stop auto suggestions with right click

3 Replies
@edgesuggestions I'm wondering what is the flag link (or flag's name)?

A friend of mine advised me to promote the video using a special service like this socialfollowersfree.com. Algorithms work in a very strange way and good videos that have taken a lot of effort go unnoticed. The simplicity of the content in tiktok is both a plus and a minus, so well-edited videos may not get views at all, and a video shot on an iPhone can have a million views.