Regarding the Interface features: Auto-Hide / open the bookmarks bar.

Copper Contributor

Regarding the Interface features: Auto-Hide / open the bookmarks bar.:smile:

I used to use old Opera and Chrome and I always lacked the ability to quickly view my bookmarks from the top, Later I discovered Cent Browser (a completely new project) also developed on the chromium engine. "Auto-Hide/show" the bookmarks bar. YES! This is cool! At the moment, I use it and this feature is very strongly saved with its minimalism chromium and interface - the very thing you need.I would hardly be able to convince you ,butMy personal opinion is that the slogan of any software product at the moment should be convenience.Сool feature! :cool:

minus- Edge is a very good browser, but due to the fact that it also wants to focus on touch screens - it has a slightly-thick - wide interface:flushed:.

April_Friday.gif

9 Replies

Hello@GreyRats 

that's an interesting feature for favorite bar to auto-hide, I find it very useful!

on a site note, we also have this feature

@GreyRats Thanks for sharing those thoughts, and welcome to the MS Edge Insider's community! 

That looks like a cool feature; I'll check-in with the team to see if this is on their mind. I'll let you know if they have any insights; otherwise, you're also always welcome to submit ideas directly to them via the in-browser feedback. 

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

+1 for that "Auto-Hide/show" the bookmarks bar feature.

@GreyRats  Edge doesn't focus on touch screens. I personally like the size as it is (and please note I am not on a touch screen device. On my computer when putting Chrome and the new Edge side by side, the browser interface is the same size. It could just be what device you are using and what operating system you use. I just had Chrome installed because until recently, I needed Chrome for compatibility with school. By the way, congratulations Edge, I think Edge looks better than Chrome.

Edge and Chrome.png

I thought that both Chrome and Edge focused on both keyboard + mouse and touchscreens. Then again, I don't know what GreyRats said so I'm butting into this

It doesn't really matter whether or not the device is using touch screens. the auto-hide favorite/bookmark bar feature would be useful either way because it saves space. it will also come in handy for Mac users that don't have access to the special flag that Windows users do to get the proper full screen.

@HotCakeX 

?? НЕТ ! Вы меня неправильно поняли! Полный экран в браузере не имеет к этому никакого отношения.:facepalm:

this will be very difficult to use when you are constantly switching between a lot of tabs. 

@GreyRats 

@GreyRats wrote:

@HotCakeX 

?? НЕТ ! Вы меня неправильно поняли! Полный экран в браузере не имеет к этому никакого отношения.:facepalm:

this will be very difficult to use when you are constantly switching between a lot of tabs. 

Da, yes,

that full screen comment was about something else :)